Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jemez Moutains + Conducting Job Searches = One Happy Place

You wouldn't believe the places you can go to job search...and it doesn't hurt to have a brother with a house in the Jemez Mountains completely off grid with wireless Internet!

So, here I sit at an undisclosed location in the Jemez Mountains contemplating job searches, conducting pedagogy and relocating my home. Oddly enough, when you have no job one would think you have more time. Job hunting becomes a full-time job - except it doesn't pay very well. Also, the more time you have the more the time is filled with little odd tasks that seem to continually pop up.

At any rate, I digress. My job searching is slow going. So, I think I'll write a book on Conducting Pedagogy. There were many things that I learned in the trenches that would have been very helpful to know before hand. Albeit, perhaps I wouldn't have fully appreciated the information so early on, but it would have better equipped me to manage the orchestral conducting world.

For now, I will ponder possible book direction and audience --- and enjoy the beautiful day in the mountains.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment