Saturday, March 7, 2009

Motorcycle Ponderings on Highway 158

You know when you hear a certain melodic pattern a few times, then a few more times, and the next thing you know you're composing a song based on that melodic pattern? Well, I have this cool chime that is frequently exercising it's chime-ness-isity. All I hear now is a minuet. I *must* write this melody down before I explode. Now, I'm not any musical whiz, but I have already developed the main and secondary themes in my head. I'm now working through a modulation. At any rate, this chime is no longer an alert, it is a motive.

Oh yeah, I was thinking about all of this while riding my Honda Nighthawk CB650 today on highway 158 with Megan and Tony following on their nice bikes (she rides a Yamaha Virago, he rides a BMW). It was a gorgeous day today!

Keep the rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment